Re: [LUG] DCGLUG Branded OpenCD 7.04

Bill wrote:
> I understand that there are time constraints to consider here, but would
> it not be nice to include something Linuxie on the CD?
>
> http://wubi-installer.org is a 10MB windows exe which allows the Linux
> novice to install a full flavour of ubuntu 7.04 to a virtual drive which
> lives as a file on the existing C drive and uses the MS bootloader to
> facilitate the dual booting. Paul mentioned this project a week ago and
> i reckon it is a winner for those Linux sceptics out there who don't
> want to hurt their fragile Windows install ;-)
>
> Not like there isn't the space on the OpenCD, integration into the
> OpenCD menus could be done at a later date of course.
>
> Bill.

Hmm, could be an idea.  I'm actually going to be giving out a load of
Ubuntu/Kubuntu CDs at the fun day on Saturday.  If I get time I'll put
it in there.  I'm sure I read actually on the Wubi web site that it may
be integrated into the next release of Ubuntu which would be good.  Even
better I think would be a version of Wubi that re-sizes partitions like
the Ubuntu installer.  That would certainly make it easier for newbies
to install (rather than having to explain about changing BIOS settings).

Rob