Re: [LUG] running windows programs in Linux

Martijn wrote:
>> what exactly is rtf,  is this text format,  but with the CR / LF
>> handelled differently,
>
> It does do a few more things, like changing the font. See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Text_Format
>
> It's weird that it does show properly in OOo as it was developed
> especially for cross-platform information exchange. Many security
> companies actually recommend saving Word documents -and, perhaps, OOo
> documents too- as RTF as it doesn't use macros, which is exactly what
> viruses make use of.

It's quite possible, I guess, that it doesn't work in OOo because it
doesn't conform to the standards or there's some other weirdness going
on when it is created.  unRTF completely fails to deal with it
adequately too (though in a differeny way), but Word renders it without
a problem.

James