Re: [LUG] running windows programs in Linux

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:22:24 +0100
> Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It seems this issue keeps cropping up
>
> It does (and has done for years), but not for programs that would run
> under crossover.
>
>> what are peoples experience with crossover office,  this is available
>> from the Linux emporium and <£30 UKP,  afaik,  and allows running of
>> photoshop / MS office under Linux.
>
> The common requests appear to be financial programs and route maps, not
> spreadsheets and word processors.

A related issue...

The newsletter for the local bee-keepers association is sent out as an
RTF file.  There is no chance of me getting that changed in the near
future -- I get the impression that some of the people involved really
aren't that comfortable with computers to start with, let alone
explaining to them that it would all be a lot easier if they sent it as
PDF (and I'd be more than happy to convert it for them if they wished).
Even the membership renewal form was sent out as an Excel spreadsheet :(

OOo thinks it knows how to render RTF files, but in this case makes an
utter hash of it, so I currently have to fire up VMware and WinXP to
read the newsletter.

Does anyone know of a usable Linux RTF viewer/converter?

James