Re: [LUG] link with computer shop now GNU/Linux beginners session

On Monday 09 July 2007 21:34, Rob Beard wrote:

> Just taken a look at the DCGLUG site, I was wondering, could we have
> maybe a New Users Start Here link or something along those lines?
>
> Something that anyone new to Linux who has just moved over, or someone
> who is interested in finding out more about Linux can click on and then
> get information on how to get started?
>
> Rob

Seems a logical idea Rob - would you like to create it? Then we can hopefully
add stuff to it as we come across it. Or someone could write something to
introduce the basic ideas?
I was thinking as I typed that - do new users even know what a LUG is? So
maybe that is something we need to address in any leaflets or other materials
we create.

Mark