Re: [LUG] link with computer shop now GNU/Linux beginners session

On Monday 09 July 2007 17:44, Rob Beard wrote:
> Mark Jose wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 July 2007 22:50, james kilty wrote:
> >> We seem to be working towards a suite of resource modules.
> >>

> >> james kilty
> >> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk
> >
> > Maybe we need a wiki page to add some thoughts and ideas?
> >
> > Mark
>
> Well there is a DC GLUG wiki, is there a beginners page that anyone can
> access and find out how to get started (say a read only to the world and
> read-write to the LUG members?).
>
> Rob

Thats what I was thinking of Rob - the DCLUG wiki would make the logical place
to put these ideas for materials.
A repository of good websites for information - using those James has
suggested perhaps with others which we find useful. Also any leaflets we can
come up with - then, when there is any sort of event at which DCLUG members
are involved, a few leaflets can be run off and distributed to those
interested.
As far as I am aware, the whole of the DCLUG wiki is as you suggested - read
to all, read/write to members who are logged in, but I could be wrong!

Mark