Re: [LUG] link with computer shop now GNU/Linux beginners session

Mark Jose wrote:
> On Monday 09 July 2007 17:44, Rob Beard wrote:
>> Mark Jose wrote:

>>> Maybe we need a wiki page to add some thoughts and ideas?
>>>
>>> Mark
>> Well there is a DC GLUG wiki, is there a beginners page that anyone can
>> access and find out how to get started (say a read only to the world and
>> read-write to the LUG members?).
>>
>> Rob
>
> Thats what I was thinking of Rob - the DCLUG wiki would make the logical place
> to put these ideas for materials.
> A repository of good websites for information - using those James has
> suggested perhaps with others which we find useful. Also any leaflets we can
> come up with - then, when there is any sort of event at which DCLUG members
> are involved, a few leaflets can be run off and distributed to those
> interested.
> As far as I am aware, the whole of the DCLUG wiki is as you suggested - read
> to all, read/write to members who are logged in, but I could be wrong!
>
> Mark

Just taken a look at the DCGLUG site, I was wondering, could we have
maybe a New Users Start Here link or something along those lines?

Something that anyone new to Linux who has just moved over, or someone
who is interested in finding out more about Linux can click on and then
get information on how to get started?

Rob