[LUG] link with computer shop

Hello all

I called into Penzance Computers today on another matter, talked to
Stephen Roddha and asked his interest in GNU/Linux. He runs Ubuntu on
one machine at least. I then asked if he would be willing to support a
session to promote GNU/Linux and he said yes. I said I'd next contact
members of the List and come back to him to discuss the idea further.

He runs an Internet cafe and repair shop together on the other side of
the road to his accessories shop. It runs a dozen or more computers. I
did say it might involve dual booting machines and he did not turn a
hair. The space is not ideal for large numbers of people but would
comfortably handle 6 or more around a machine to get the demos and
discussions. I did not talk money as he charges for the use of machines
and would presumably wish to do the same for hiring if people wanted
practice in the shop and assistance, which would be the ideal. But at
least we could demo a Live CD/dvd and dish them out.

What do you think?

I still haven't heard from Adult Ed, though I have had to fill in an
application form as a prospective tutor. They (local Principal and copy
to Head of Service) sent the idea to their IT Staff. It will set up an
interesting scenario if they refuse, would it not!!!

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk