Re: [LUG] Noisy power fan

> Julian Hall wrote:
>> Mark Jose wrote:
>>> Like Julian, I would simply replace the PSU. You can get them pretty
>>> cheaply,
>>> but, if you can run to it, the better (read - more expensive) models
>>> are much
>>> quieter in most cases and also provide a more steady and reliable
>>> voltage.
>>>
>> Mine is a Casecom from Ebuyer 2 fan model, 550W - £15+PnP
>>

> Thats not bad, I've been looking out for a 'quiet' PSU for my PC which
> gets a bit noisy at times.  It's great to have a recommendation.
>
> Take it Henry that you don't have a Dell PC, as although they will work
> with a standard ATX power supply (P4 type with 20 pin and 4 pin
> connectors) they don't fit very well in the tower cases, well not in a
> Optiplex GX270 or GX280.

Unfortunately (in this case) I have a mini-itx (epia M) and have gone for
the onboard power system at £50 and hopefully reduce the mass of wiring in
the computer box itself. The standard power supply was £30, so hopefully
the extra £20 will save me hassles in future. (Power demand is only about
70W or so)

--
Henry Bremridge
Please note that this email is not digitally signed. Please obtain