Re: [LUG] Noisy power fan

Julian Hall wrote:
> Mark Jose wrote:
>> Like Julian, I would simply replace the PSU. You can get them pretty cheaply,
>> but, if you can run to it, the better (read - more expensive) models are much
>> quieter in most cases and also provide a more steady and reliable voltage.
>>
> Mine is a Casecom from Ebuyer 2 fan model, 550W - £15+PnP

Thats not bad, I've been looking out for a 'quiet' PSU for my PC which
gets a bit noisy at times.  It's great to have a recommendation.

Take it Henry that you don't have a Dell PC, as although they will work
with a standard ATX power supply (P4 type with 20 pin and 4 pin
connectors) they don't fit very well in the tower cases, well not in a
Optiplex GX270 or GX280.

Rob