[LUG] Firefox suddenly stopped working on my Ubuntu Feist Fawn PC!

I just got back from work and booted my PC,
and as usual started Thunderbird and Firefox.
Well, I managed to start Thunderbird anyway!

Firefox initially had a strange message about
restoring a session.  I said yes to this the
first time, but it just hung.  Eventually after
several minutes it was still hung, although it
had managed to render the titlebar.  I closed
it.

I then attempted to start it again.  This time
I opted not to restore.  After all, I know my
previous sessions weren't important.  But it
still hung.  After several more minutes and a
little playing around with the strange effects
you can create with a hung window if you move
it about the desktop, I decided to reboot.  I
have rebooted but Firefox is doing the same
thing again!

I really am stuck on this one.  Anyone had a
similar problem or have any idea how to fix it?

I am running Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.

Anton