Re: [LUG] Firefox catching IE for people interested in web standards

Out of interest (and for comparison), I checked the recent webstats for
a client who has a website used mostly by "IT professionals" getting
around five million hits a month.

For that site, it appears that around 75% of the hits are from browsers
claiming to be some version of IE, with no more than 15% being from
Firefox.  The next largest two are the Google and Yahoo search engines.

I have a client with a much broader spread of visitors and probably
around forty or fifty million hits per month that might be interesting
to see stats from, but we don't generate them.  I can't decide whether
I'd expect to see a larger or smaller percentage of firefox users for
that.  I suspect the latter.

James