Re: [LUG] Photography: Gimp classes

Steve Smith wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> if you running classes won;t you need a projector, and for users to
>> have computers with a working gimp install before you start, plus
>> everyone using the same version of gimp,
>>
> We've never used a projector, more hassle than it's worth a lot of the
> time, though depends how many people and layout of room, etc.
>
>> paigtnon - exeter costs about £5 return,  which seems very good considering it
>> costs
>> nearly 4 quid to go from st marychurch to paignton by bus. All we need
>> now is a venue in or around exeter central station,  so lug members can
>> if needed get the  train,  however perhaps it would be an idea to meet
>> 1/2 way between the two,
>>
> That's nice and cheap!  Somewhere around that area would be fine for
> us.  Though I must emphasise we aren't moving there for a month!
>
> Mark Jose wrote:
>
>> I am fairly limited in how far I can get around. [...] Truro, Redruth,
>> Bodmin... thats the sort of range I have for comfort.
>>
> I think there's definitely the opportunity to try having two groups, one
> near Exeter and one in the middle of Cornwall.  I'd love to try doing
> some sort of online collaboration course.  If there isn't the experience
> in Cornwall, perhaps someone who is able to travel could come to near
> Exeter/Paignton, then work one week behind teaching in Cornwall?

How about using moodle, Openlearn do this and provide free learning
materials and are always looking for new ideas / material,

Regarding two groups,  do you mean one devon lug and one cornwall lug or
just two groups to look at lessons on using the gimp.

Paul

--
Events

Linuxbierwanderung - Torbay Mini Linux Beer Hike
28th / 29th July 2007
http://www.linuxbierwanderung.org/
Follow torbay mini LBW link.

http://www.openoffice.org