Re: [LUG] Photography: Gimp classes

Paul Sutton wrote:
> if you running classes won;t you need a projector, and for users to
> have computers with a working gimp install before you start, plus
> everyone using the same version of gimp,
We've never used a projector, more hassle than it's worth a lot of the
time, though depends how many people and layout of room, etc.
> paigtnon - exeter costs about £5 return,  which seems very good considering it
> costs
> nearly 4 quid to go from st marychurch to paignton by bus. All we need
> now is a venue in or around exeter central station,  so lug members can
> if needed get the  train,  however perhaps it would be an idea to meet
> 1/2 way between the two,
That's nice and cheap!  Somewhere around that area would be fine for
us.  Though I must emphasise we aren't moving there for a month!

Mark Jose wrote:
> I am fairly limited in how far I can get around. [...] Truro, Redruth,
> Bodmin... thats the sort of range I have for comfort.
I think there's definitely the opportunity to try having two groups, one
near Exeter and one in the middle of Cornwall.  I'd love to try doing
some sort of online collaboration course.  If there isn't the experience
in Cornwall, perhaps someone who is able to travel could come to near
Exeter/Paignton, then work one week behind teaching in Cornwall?