Re: [LUG] HTML and tabs

On Sun, 6 May 2007 08:58:19 +0100
Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Javascript has a limited role even in strict HTML4 - it is NOT suitable
> > as a work-around for bad HTML.
>
> Are you saying that it is not worth the effort to learn javascript at
> all? I thought it could be quite useful for some things.

Well, put it this way: I stopped using Javascript 5 years ago and
haven't missed it yet.

In many, many cases, the roles that Javascript was intended to fill are
better suited to server side scripting. Try turning Javascript off in
your browser and browse a few sites. Javascript tends to be IE-only,
used to excess in inappropriate areas and is generally buggy. Trying to
get any accessibility or browser-independence for a website can only be
hindered by Javascript.

Don't learn Javascript. Learn PHP.

--

Neil Williams