Re: [LUG] OT: HTML and tabs

Richard Brown wrote:
> Biggest yuk of all. Don't do this either - all personal though but if
> you want I can back up why with info.

Definitely personal.  I like frames - navigation is simple effective and
retains the overall look of the site in a single wrapper.  I don't think
you can say 'Don't do this' as an instruction since it is simply your
personal preference :)  Other people will like it which is what makes
humans so diverse :)

There is a choice in this case - frames with the content changing in the
same window, retaining some elements of the host site, or tabs/new windows.

You can only have one of those as Neil does not want people having to go
back and forward in their browser losing the page they were on.

Having neither choice in this scenario doesn't seem to be an option.

Basically (Neil) as this thread has shown, you will never please
everyone, so go with what works for you.

Kind regards,

Julian