Re: [LUG] HTML and tabs

On Thu, 03 May 2007 20:20:36 +0100
Chris Smith <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Julian Hall wrote:
> > Martijn wrote:
> >> target="_blank" really chooses a new window/tab for each click.
> >>
> > Actually no, I just tried it with the code I posted and Firefox opened a
> > new separate tab for every click with just target="new" :)
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Julian
> >

> You will find if you click on the link again it will be opened in the
> same new window, this is because it is called "new" and the target
> points to it. The target "_blank" opens a new window every time, of
> course you might not want this and a named window might be better. But
> it should be more unique such as "myorg_popup" or something. This
> <http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_a.asp> is worth a read.
>
> --
Thanks for that help. Further to my last email...... I am using this
idea in the home page for my web site. There are just five links to my
other URLs at the moment (blog, gallery etc) so I tried this -
the first link has target="new1", the second link has target="New2" and
so on. When I tried this out using Firefox, Opera and Galeon it worked
as I wanted. I have yet to test it with IE.

If I have time today (we expect some visitors) I will try out
target="_blank" and see how that works.

Thanks to all

Neil