Re: [LUG] xchat / irc

On Sunday 08 April 2007 18:34, Paul Sutton wrote:

> > Thats ideal Paul. Hopefully, that will enable Clare to get to grips with
> > the irc.
> > Just as an aside, your script to detect IP etc - it spots my OS as
> > Windows NT! It is actually Kubuntu 6.06. The browser is correctly
> > identified as Konqueror.
>
> hmm,  i downloaded it,  so not sure,  whats wrong
>
> Paul

Found the reason for the anomoly - I had not enabled the addition of the OS
name in the Konqueror Browser identification tab. With that ticked, reloading
the page gets the correct identity. Not sure why it felt I had a Windows
system though - not that it matters unless you are logging the different OSes
for some viewing stats or similar.

Mark