Re: [LUG] Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 released

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 18:23:50 +0100
"Robin Menneer" <robinmenneer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Personally, 2.0.4 is fine. When 2.1 makes it into unstable, I'll
> > look at the issue then.
> >
> > Debian stable is NOT about the latest and greatest, it is about
> > STABLE packages.
> >
> Is OOo stable in Ubuntu ?  If not, what does one do about it ?  Are
> earlier versions more stable ?

Depends which version you are running. As covered in an earlier thread,
part of the compromise that Ubuntu make in order to release often is
that they accept that individual packages in each release could be less
stable than if they released less often. Debian releases put stability
before frequency - which is why it has been so long since the last
Debian release.

I wouldn't worry about OOo in Ubuntu, you've probably got the same
version as Debian 4.0 anyway. Check with:
$ dpkg -l openoffice.org-writer

--

Neil Williams