Re: [LUG] Interesting situation...

Rob Beard wrote:
> Neil Stone wrote:
>
>>> What make laptop is it?
>>>
>>> Could you get work work colleague to come along to one of the meetings?
>>>

>>> I have a couple of laptop size CD-ROM drives I can bring along to the
>>> meeting on the 12th, I was thinking if we could get one to fit it might
>>> boot an Ubuntu or Debian CD.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>> Its an advent I think... i got it working now... floppy based Debian
>> install... fun... brings memories back
>>

> I can't remember the last time I did a floppy install.  I know how
> frustrating it is though when you just can't find a working blank
> floppy.  I had a similar problem with a firmware update on an old Compaq
> server.  What got me was that Compaq didn't have a bootable CD image on
> their web site.
>
> Rob

I will bring a few floppies with me,

Paul

--

Next meet - thursday 12th April 2007, Paignton Rugby club, 19:00 - 22:30

http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org

CHAT SERVICES

http://www.serfer.co.uk - http://cgi.serfer.co.uk/ type #serfer then press login.
PRFC CHAT ROOM - http://www.zleap.net/cgi-bin/irc.cgi

Saturday 21st April 2007 - Devon Cup final - Paignton vs Torquay at Queens Park,
Paignton, 3pm kick off.