Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 14:59 +0100, Mark Jose wrote:
> Maybe it would be possible
> to have a seperate mailing list for "political" discussions withmaybe a
> seperate subscription list - so the free/non free debate can be mulled over
> without putting off those potential members who visit the main list?

I have found the discussion helpful. It has stimulated me to follow many
links. One thing that seems to be needed is the possibility of
constructing a computer with hardware supported as best as possible and
OEM's who set them up. Another is to display input created by
proprietary software. Another is Open Standards where I am pestering my
MP. For me as a newbie it is hard to sort out problems of display - note
that youtube could be displayed using the following

FLV to MPEG4 Converter engine is now OpenSource.  You can download the
source code via subversion: http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=183657

(taken from vixy.com's site)

and could presumably be incorporated into a distribution.

For the moment I take all problems to the list and find your generosity
almost perfect (not all my queries are taken up, though sometimes I have
answered my own with a little thought and searching). I do the same in
all areas of my expertise such as beekeeping so the community model is
dear to my heart. I still have some following up to do.

Thanks to everyone.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk