Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

Ben Goodger wrote:

> BY GOD, FEDORA ALLOW OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE!
> BLACKLIST!!

That's not the intention and you know it. The fact is, some OSI-licenses
are not free software licenses, most of them are, however, because most
'open source' software is in fact free software, which isn't at issue here.

> Indeed, nothing presents a poor image of the GNU/Linux community better
> than whiners like yourself.

How about people like yourself who are willing to give up their freedoms
for the sake of convenience?  What exactly am I 'whining' about that you
find so difficult? This group is supposed to promote free software. Why
do you find that so hard to handle?

> Why do you think everyone avoids association with Stallman nowadays?

I don't think they do. Sun certainly didn't when they brought him in for
their Java announcement. Why do you think that could be?

> Fedora is as free as it wants to get. If it doesn't want to be as free
> as you want it to be, that's too bad.

Actually, it's not. That's why it's making an effort to make itself free.