Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> Matt: I do agree with a lot of the Free Software foundation's ideas
> but the distributions they promote seems a bit suspect to me;
> certainly the fact that they're not promoting Fedora yet they are
> gNewSense. From following the Fedora project it seems they are making
> concerted efforts to be Free, as is gNewSense - neither distribution
> is yet completely free from proprietary applications as I understand
> it.

As I understand, Fedora are still shipping binary firmwares, but
are actively working on removing this, they also have some
policies which allow any OSI-licensed software into their
distribution, including some licenses considered to be non-free,
but as I understand it, this too is being worked on.

Nothing would make me happier right now than to see Fedora come
out as a free distribution. It would give us a mainstream
distribution to recommend to people.

Plus, you know...

http://geekz.co.uk/lovesraymond/archive/the-redhat-package-mangler

matt