Re: [LUG] Ethernet hub recommendation

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 15:07 +0000, Richard Brown wrote:

> Does it make a difference depending on connection speeds.
I have not yet been able to successfully network the printers if this is
what you are asking.
>  There is a
> difference between a hub and a switch.
I'll have to look this up.
>  What speeds are your network
> cards as well? 10/100
AFAIK
>  I wouldn't worry but if you have a 1000 then it
> could make a difference. Just thought I would add these thoughts and I
> don't suppose with two computers networked together it makes a whole
> lot of difference.
Hopefully not. My wife sometimes needs access to a colour printer and
I'd rather not carry it upstairs or transfer files via portable hard
disk, hence the interest in networking, though normally we just work
independently. It would be nice to send messages or forward emails as
well as have a good network backup in place.

Thanks
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk