Re: [LUG] Router Recommendation

David Bell wrote:
> My Speedtouch router has popped its clogs :(
>
> Any recommendations for an etho connected replacement please?

I'll give a second recommendation for the netgear dg834g (with or
without wireless). Have two, although one's retired after it developed
an irritating fault which meant it occasionally dropped offline and
wouldn't reconnect until power cycled.

Also good is the Zyxel stuff, but not so easy to configure. The 661
handled a dicky line with far fewer dropouts than the dg834, but it
costs a fair bit more.

Linksys cheap and cheerful. Can be good value, but I've had more
failures than other brands.

Speedtouch crap (sorry!). I've had both 330 and 530, both awful, no
features and unreliable. Often seen as "Free modems" from isp's.