Re: [LUG] Router Recommendation

Kai Hendry wrote:

> I recommend Linksys kit though the WAG354G has poor wireless range.

The range of my WAG354G is much better than the wireless router I had
before. I know some of the neighbours get better reception from it, than
they do from their own routers. If all else fails that funny plastic tab
on the top, neatly hides the external antenna connection.

Range of wireless kit is largely limited by power output regulations,
and not by the equipment itself, although good design helps.

Some of the kit can be told it is outside Europe and will boost its
range accordingly. That is of course illegal.

Tradition South West thick walls will stop microwaves pretty well. Until
they put a phone mast right on the edge of our village you'd never hear
a mobile phone go off in the local pub. Alas now you can, I suspect they
are now positioned well enough to get through the thatch.