Re: [LUG] Opera and Java

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:01:17 +0000
Samuel Toogood <sam_toogood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Having looked at it again, it appears to want a directory rather than
> the program itself. Try
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.08/jre/lib/i386, as that's what is in
> mine. I guess it's because it uses the browser plugin rather than the
> command line program.
>
> HTH
>
> Sam

Thanks,
I had a look at support in Opera and there I found that I should be
using /usr/lib/jve/java-1.5.08/jre/lib/i386 as you explain above. I
have done that and it is now working - the first time I have ever had
java working in Opera.

By the way, the support file explained that Opera does not use a
plug-in for java but works directly from the relevant folder. Anyway I
am so pleased. Thanks for your time and expertise.

Neil