Re: [LUG] Opera and Java

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:23:25 +0000
Samuel Toogood <sam_toogood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You need to give opera the location of the directory where java is
> actually installed, rather than a symlink to it. To find this, if you
> type " ls -l /usr/bin/java " at a command prompt, it will give you the
> target location for that link. On my system it gives me
> /etc/alternatives/java. This is another symlink, so if you now type ls
> -l /etc/alternatives/java, you should get the answer you need. On my
> system, this is /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java.
>
> Alternatively, you can get the same information by typing dpkg -L
> sun-java5-jre or using adept.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Sam

I did as above and it almost worked. When I reach java-1.5.0-sun it
turns out to be a link to java-1.5.0.08. So I carry on with /jre/bin
but I cannot see any files. They are there and I can see them using
konqueror. However Opera is only looking for folders so it doesn't see
the files. So I can't set it up in Opera, unless I am missing something.

Neil