[LUG] Opera and Java

I am using Kubuntu Edgy. Yesterday I decided to install Opera browser,
which I have used in the past when I was running mandrake/mandriva.

It was very easy. In the opera website I downloaded the relevant file,
as the site had already recognised that I was using Edgy. This download
was very quick. I right-clicked on the new file and ran Kubuntu package
menu --> Install package. This took literally just a few seconds. Then,
on the desktop I looked in the K Menu --> Internet and there was Opera
Browser waiting for me. It works a treat.

But there is one problem, I can't run java. I have Sun java installed
and it runs OK with Firefox, so I know it is set up properly. I need to
tell Opera where to find java and I am not sure what to tell it.

I have tried whereis java and I get several answers eg
/usr/bin/java, /usr/share/java among others. Can anyone tell me the
correct one please?

By the way, if anyone hasn't tried Opera, IMO it is worth a look.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst