Re: [LUG] The only Linux User In The Village - not any more !

I just set up a Web form for each job Say "invoices" then input the data
to MySql, then write reports to be viewed in a browser, as most things
are repetitive.  My coding gets refined as time goes on but the basic
frame work stays the same. If you catch all the data required for the
Vat accounts on a form you can do pretty much anything if your sql
reporting is good enough. I shadowed My VAT accountant for two years
just to be sure and was surprised at how he implemented some schemes and
just how much data was "averaged" just to fit in the Vat Ball Park, not
necessarily to my advantage. I have had a vat audit and was confident
that all the "evidence" was there and in order to support my Vat
returns.  I do some manipulation using OOCalc for the vat as I need to
Split some C&Carry invoices down to Category's to get the retail markup
for each product. I have to account for Zero, Std, Low, and Exempt Vat.
I haven't got yet round to getting a web host with a MySql option but my
intention was to provide this service to Small business's on the Web.
If you want examples of Db schema or web pages just say.