Re: [LUG] Ink cartridges

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:14:46 +0000
David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Saturday 27 January 2007 13:00, Julian Hall wrote:
> >
> > http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/112911/rb/24765188226
> >
> > There are no doubt others ;)
> >
> I have two Samsung Laser printers, both models (ML4500/ML1610) bought as
> bargain offers at various times and have served me well.
>
> --
> West Devon
> ----------
Several suggestions from the lug members.

I have been warned about using compatibles because they may clog up
the printer. Well, some of the sites I have looked at also sell Epson
original  cartridges much cheaper than going to any local shop.

There have also been suggestions about buying a laser printer for mono
work. So many models around, it will need more research. But surely I
will then simply be spending money on toner instead of cartridges. So
what would be the advantages please?

And if a laser printer would really be better than an inkjet (some
pretty scathing comments about those) wouldn't it be simpler to go for
a colour laser and be done with it, or would that be OTT?

Thanks
Neil Winchurst