Re: [LUG] The only Linux User In The Village - not any more !

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:47:50 +0000
Kevin Lucas <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>       I hope all goes well with the convert.  I run the Village Shop & PO in
> Minions Cornwall. We use Fedora for all except one application which is
> the Samms ER308 Till, This has some MS only SW to access the data on the
> Till which produces reports which I am unable to import in to MySql
> database.  So I have Win98 to do this! Every thing else is run from
> within a browser and MySql. I do the Vat, Wages, Ordering, Fax, Accounts
> and Cashing up all on Linux.

Do you use custom spreadsheets for VAT, payroll and ordering or are
there dedicated applications that you can use? What software do you use
for the accounts? If you use spreadsheets, which application and what
formats do you use for import/export etc.?

I'm always interested in these small business solutions in order that
my own programming can take into account existing methods and provide
some form of coordination, automation, import/export or filters.

See http://www.data-freedom.org/

--

Neil Williams