Re: [LUG] cups wrapper error

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:40:06 +0000
Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> root@duron1600:/home/psutton/debs# dpkg -i
> cupswrapperdcp310cn_1.0.0-1_i386.deb

>>From where did you obtain this .deb file?

It sounds like you need to actually get the source of this .deb, unpack
it and rebuild it. It may need a patch to use the correct file
in /etc/init.d/

> (Reading database ... 167518 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace cupswrapperdcp310cn 1.0.0-1 (using
> cupswrapperdcp310cn_1.0.0-1_i386.deb) ...
> lpadmin: The printer or class was not found.
> /etc/init.d/cups: Command not found.

It's simply a broken package. That file does not and should not exist.
The package looks misconfigured.

> Unpacking replacement cupswrapperdcp310cn ...
> Setting up cupswrapperdcp310cn (1.0.0-1) ...
> rm -f /usr/lib/cups/filter/brlpdwrapperDCP310CN
> /etc/init.d/cups: Command not found.

That is simply broken. A working Debian system (i.e. one that prints)
has no file /etc/init.d/cups

The package is broken and needs to be fixed. Unless you can fix the
source or find a corrected version, I recommend you contact the CUPS
development team in Debian and ask for their help.

--

Neil Williams