[LUG] cups wrapper error

Last week  I did an apt-get upgrade ; apt-get update ; apt-get
dist-upgrade from kanotix (sid)

after which I could not

print or log in as admin

Neil Stone has been trying to help me with this,  but despite trying
alternative cups config files,  I still can't print so i decided to
start over and uninstall the cupswrapper driver,  cupsys and the
dcp310cn driver and start over

reinstall of cupsys is fine
reinstall of dcp310cn driver is fine however reinstall of cupswrapper as
detailed below causes a problem

I can solve the /etc/init.d/cups: command not found

problem as it's meant to be /etc/init.d/cupsys,  however its the error
below this that is causing problems,    I can restart cups with
/etc/init.d/cupsys,  I am unsure if the lpadmin error is caused by cups
not starting or something else.   I am also unsure as to where the PPD
would be.

Any help would be great,  thanks,  I don't have a problem purging the
dcp310cn driver,  etc, and starting over, if I need to.  I think i am
just missing something  very simple here.

thanks
Paul

root@duron1600:/home/psutton/debs# dpkg -i
cupswrapperdcp310cn_1.0.0-1_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 167518 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace cupswrapperdcp310cn 1.0.0-1 (using
cupswrapperdcp310cn_1.0.0-1_i386.deb) ...
lpadmin: The printer or class was not found.
/etc/init.d/cups: Command not found.
Unpacking replacement cupswrapperdcp310cn ...
Setting up cupswrapperdcp310cn (1.0.0-1) ...
rm -f /usr/lib/cups/filter/brlpdwrapperDCP310CN
/etc/init.d/cups: Command not found.
lpadmin: Unable to copy PPD file!

--

DCLUG Meeting date Thursday 11th January 2007 - PRFC from 7:00

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org