Re: [LUG] cups wrapper error

Paul Sutton wrote:
> Last week  I did an apt-get upgrade ; apt-get update ; apt-get
> dist-upgrade from kanotix (sid)
>
> after which I could not
>
> print or log in as admin
>
> Neil Stone has been trying to help me with this,  but despite trying
> alternative cups config files,  I still can't print so i decided to
> start over and uninstall the cupswrapper driver,  cupsys and the
> dcp310cn driver and start over
>
> reinstall of cupsys is fine
> reinstall of dcp310cn driver is fine however reinstall of cupswrapper as
> detailed below causes a problem
>
> I can solve the /etc/init.d/cups: command not found
>
> problem as it's meant to be /etc/init.d/cupsys,  however its the error
> below this that is causing problems,    I can restart cups with
> /etc/init.d/cupsys,  I am unsure if the lpadmin error is caused by cups
> not starting or something else.   I am also unsure as to where the PPD
> would be.
>
> Any help would be great,  thanks,  I don't have a problem purging the
> dcp310cn driver,  etc, and starting over, if I need to.  I think i am
> just missing something  very simple here.
>
> thanks
> Paul
>
> root@duron1600:/home/psutton/debs# dpkg -i
> cupswrapperdcp310cn_1.0.0-1_i386.deb
> (Reading database ... 167518 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace cupswrapperdcp310cn 1.0.0-1 (using
> cupswrapperdcp310cn_1.0.0-1_i386.deb) ...
> lpadmin: The printer or class was not found.
> /etc/init.d/cups: Command not found.
> Unpacking replacement cupswrapperdcp310cn ...
> Setting up cupswrapperdcp310cn (1.0.0-1) ...
> rm -f /usr/lib/cups/filter/brlpdwrapperDCP310CN
> /etc/init.d/cups: Command not found.
> lpadmin: Unable to copy PPD file!

Why not visit the Kanotix forums and present you problem there?

http://kanotix.com/module-PNphpBB2.html

While I was using Kanotix I found them really helpful and the
members are used to dealing with sid.
That said many Kanotix people have moved to Sidux but as a
lot of them are still using Kanotix or are in the process of moving
to Sidux you should find some help from the Sidux forums.

http://sidux.com/module-PNphpBB2.html

Keith