Re: [LUG] yet another reason to avoid pointless pdfs

On 06/01/07, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry, this time I am on the side of the non-free world.. (not often you
> will hear me say that)

This is why a real open standard, unencumbered by patents and
royalties actually works - I can use free software and (unlike word
documents in openoffice, or even between versions of ms office itself)
know that it will look identical whether I open it in xpdf or somebody
else uses acroread, regardless of platform.

ODF will provide the same benefits but with different features and
pros and cons.

I'll take an open standard, over a de facto one any day.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk