Re: [LUG] Newcomers to Linux (2)

I must be the odd one out as I learnt shell programming on cpm and dos back in the
dark ages so picked up shell scripting with bash relatively easily.
I'm certainl no expert with Gnu/Linux but am comfortable in the main with it.
I find man pages to be very usefull and make sure that all man,info and html help
files are installed for any distro I use.
Todat I got my scanner working with the gt68xx driver only after reading the man
page which told me what the likely file name would be (quick google search) and also
where so place it so that sane could use it.
Same with setting up my palm, any model, serial or usb and with almost anything man
xxxx, info xxxx is invaluable.
Even rpm which seems to be hated by the majority I learned how to get aound most
problems with man pages.

Ray.

Sent using Palm T3 & SPV C550