Re: [LUG] yet another reason to avoid pointless pdfs

I agree, sending a word documents assumes

a) the recipient has not only MS word but a file compatible version
b) the recipient is in general using windows,
c) the recipient has a word viewer if not MS word,  or is actually
allowed to install it

Ok Word files open in Openoffice.org,  but complex files have been know
to cause problems,

while PDF is truly cross platform,  and just assumes the end user has
PDF reader which is a free download anyway,  plus its available for a
lot more operating systems than word viewer.

Paul

--

DCLUG Meeting date Thursday 11th January 2007 - PRFC from 7:00

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org