Re: [LUG] Open Schools Alliance

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 12:31:29PM +0000, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:45:38AM +0000, james kilty wrote:
>

> Anyway, does any one have any figures for how much MS charges schools
> and how much a school could save by switching to Opensource?

I see from the press reports this morning that Gordon Brown "announced a
£14bn package of increased borrowing and higher environmental taxes to
fund extra investment in schools."

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article2054639.ece

I wonder how much of this money is going to be wasted in unnecessary
proprietary software, and hardware upgrades to support non
cost-effective solutions

--
Henry
Thu Dec  7 06:55:35 GMT 2006