Re: [LUG] Copying to hidden directory

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:55:00 +0000
Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:21:53 +0000
> Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > OK, that's reasonable. You, presumably, don't feel like trusting the
> > passphrase cache of your favourite browser?
> >
> Sorry, you have lost me there. My favourite browser is Galeon, even
> though I am using kubuntu and not ubuntu.

If these "internet passwords" are for websites, many of those websites
will use standard password entry boxes that Galeon can recognise.
Galeon will ask if you want to remember that passphrase - this is the
passphrase cache I meant. The passphrase is not stored in plain text, it
just doesn't use your gnupg key, it's still encrypted.

> By the way, I do not necessarily prefer a GUI. I started using
> computers in the DOS days, and I even remember CP/M. (In fact when I
> started it was all paper tape and punch cards and great big gray
> boxes in air-conditioned rooms.) I am quite happy using a konsole
> screen and I do understand that typing in commands can be far more
> powerful than using a GUI.

:-)

--

Neil Williams