Re: [LUG] phpmyadmin

Richard Brown wrote:

> Also I would like to synchronise time to a Network Time Server. How do
> I go about finding one please and does anyone know if there is one for
> Lostwithiel?

I just love the idea that Lostwithiel has a different time to everyone else.

Additional to Henry's comments there is a "uk.pool.ntp.org", which may,
or may not be, more local than the default servers Etch has.

Given the size of NTP packets, and typical accuracy most people need,
your probably best not fiddling with the default settings if they work.

If you are paranoid, or doing big corporate work, you probably need to
sort out the NTP architecture so that port 123 isn't just left as a big
gaping hole in the firewall, but the average home user probably doesn't
need to care about that. It'll be the one the bad guys exploit when
people wise upto DNS as a firewall hole.