Re: [LUG] phpmyadmin

Hi Simon

On 21/11/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard Brown wrote:
> >
> > How do I set root password please so I don't get it? I am using
> > phpmyadmin to set the password - but I don't know how!
>
> No idea how to do it via phpmyadmin -- the Debian README entry is copied
> below.
>
> Do note that Debian, and presumably other derived distros, create a
> Debian system maintenance user for system tasks, in addition to the
> phpmyadmin user. So the "MySQL" root user is purely for the
> administrator to do stuff.
>
> Setting this is part of the recommended MySQL install steps, so we slap
> your wrist for not having read the manual then ;)
Consider my wrist slapped except I am not doing a nice install with a
Debian system. I am using a NAS Box that one of my clients wants me to
test! And it installs MySql automatically but doesn't tell you how to
set the password other than use phpmyadmin!

So, if anyone out there can help that would be great. Thanks.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk