Re: [LUG] asterisk (was Lostwithiel Meeting)

On 11/11/06 14:26:58, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > Oh yes... I remember...
> > Haven't you got the working yet? :-)
> >

> 'fraid not...still I'm going to keep trying at this!
>
> > That should not be an issue!
>
> I hope so :-)
> >
> > Have you got * installed yet? If not do so, it is pretty easy.
>
> Got it installed...it is pretty easy.
> > Then...
> > - get youself a sipgate account
>
> Done.
>
> > - register your * with sipgate, and you should now be able to dial
> in!
> When you say register * with sipgate, do you mean create another
> account
> on sipgate? Or do you mean to do something to one of the asterisk
> config
> files?

Yes you will need some lines in your sip.conf, something like...

Replace username and password with youe sipgate details
register => username:password@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/username

[a string - I use my sipgate number]
type=peer
username=username
secret=password
host=sipgate.co.uk
fromuser=username
fromdomain=sipgate.co.uk
qualify=no
nat=yes
authuser=username
dtmfmode=inband
context=incoming-sipgate
insecure=very
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

once you have done this and reloaded sip, you should be able to do...
sip show peers
sip show users
sip show registry
and you should see things that make sense, if you don't you have
problems, either firewall or username/password related.

What do you use as a firewall?

> > For conference you want meet-me and for recording you want monitor
>
> What is meet-me and monitor?

Where users dial a number and get connected to a conference = meet-me.

Monitor is a dialplan command that records conversations

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\