[LUG] Children in need F/LOSS Install Day in devon *and* cornwall (was Children in Need Linux Install Day)

On 07/11/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have done a bit more today about the Children In Need Linux install
> day idea.  I have asked one of the presenters at Gemini who owns a club
> in Exeter if he could think of anywhere where we could hold an event.

Why restrict it to just Linux?

I imagine there are many more people who would be interested in trying
openoffice, firefox, thunderbird, gimp, inkscape, etc on their windows
or macintosh system - providing them with CDs with all the open source
software they need for a small donation would surely work excellently.

We could even organise 2 events - one in devon and one in cornwall -
we have 2 local radio stations in cornwall and I'm sure I get speak to
somebody to get a mention on at least one of them.

If we're holding two events *and* they're open to a broader range of
people that could even make the local TV news and papers if we can
announce it far enough in advance.

How much longer have we got to organise?

Cheers,

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk