Re: [LUG] Children in need F/LOSS Install Day in devon *and* cornwall (was Children in Need Linux Install Day)

Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On 07/11/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I have done a bit more today about the Children In Need Linux install
>> day idea.  I have asked one of the presenters at Gemini who owns a club
>> in Exeter if he could think of anywhere where we could hold an event.
>>

> Why restrict it to just Linux?
>
> I imagine there are many more people who would be interested in trying
> openoffice, firefox, thunderbird, gimp, inkscape, etc on their windows
> or macintosh system - providing them with CDs with all the open source
> software they need for a small donation would surely work excellently.

I've already got .iso images of the 'Open CD' lying around on my hard
drive so I'd be happy to bring along some discs with that on, and even
plenty more blank discs to burn as we need. The 'Open CD' really is a
good project I think and would be a great for spreading interest, using
OpenOffice.org on windows is what got me interested in GNU/Linux in the
first place and could have the same effect for lots of people :-)

As for the efforts in devon, I'd love to do what I could to help and
would be quite happy to grab dvd images of OpenSuse (if people aren't
still angry over the whole novell-microsoft thing), FC6, Damn Small
Linux and any other distros that you might want to have around, burn
them, and post them up; or anything else you might like me to try and
contribute!