[LUG] Children in Need Linux Install Day

Hi folks,

I have done a bit more today about the Children In Need Linux install
day idea.  I have asked one of the presenters at Gemini who owns a club
in Exeter if he could think of anywhere where we could hold an event.

I said that we need an indoor location ideally with some sort of
internet access for a day (Saturday 18th).  He is going to ask his
manager if it is okay.

I also mentioned the benefits of Linux again to him.

I was thinking another venue which might be suitable is the Paignton
Rugby Club where we held some of our meetings.  I have e-mailed Paul
Sutton to see if he knows if they have internet access there and I'll
give them a call in a bit to see if we could hold something there.

I have also e-mailed one of the guys up at Lantern FM to see if he can
think of any locations in Barnstaple to hold such an event.

I think we should also think about what we need.  I can bring along 2
possibly 3 desktop PCs running Ubuntu, Xubuntu and maybe SUSE or
something.  I could also quite possibly get a machine up and running to
act as a mirror for the Debian/Ubuntu archives assuming I can find a
big enough drive (anyone know how big the mirror is?).  I also have a
G3 Mac that I can install something on - not sure what yet.  Maybe it
might be a good example of an LTSP client?

Can anyone else bring along some hardware?

I have downloaded the ISO's for Xubuntu 6.10, I am also going to
download the ISOs for Ubuntu 6.10, Kubuntu 6.10 and Fedora Core 6 if I
can get it.

Rob