Re: [LUG] Children in need F/LOSS Install Day in devon *and* cornwall (was Children in Need Linux Install Day)

I agree here,  if you switch someone over to linux and say oo.org,  they
have to learn kde,  and the new software,  installing oo.org and other
software under windows gives people a chance to try / learn the
softrware then they can go over to Linux,  and all they the have to
learn is that,  as the software they are familar with from using under
windows is there and available.

If you can encourage people to at least use thunderbird / firefox under
windows it would be a start or at least let people know there are
alternatives.

how about mentioning about software patents at the same time plus
attempts to control access to the internet,
http://savetheinternet.com/=faq all these are issues affecting everyone
regardless of if they use free software or not,   the latter is about
keeping the internet free.  with the net neutrality issue Microsoft are
at least on our side,  so the least we can do is support them,

Paul