Re: [LUG] DNS Settings

Simon Waters wrote:
> Neil Winchurst wrote:
>
>> This seems to work OK, but when I check on it later I find that it has
>> reverted to the original setting. There must be something I do not
>> understand (nothing unusual in that). How can I keep the new settings
>> in place?
>>

> DHCP will supply DNS settings.
>
> Personally if it is giving you grief I'd fix the settings supplied by DHCP.
>
> However if you are sure you want to override the DHCP settings you need

just switch from dhcp to manual. Give yourself an IP address similar to
that of your modem/router - ie if the modem/router is 10.0.0.138 then
award yourself 10.0.0.1 or similar. Likewise the gateway box, click on
advanced settings, needs to be that of the router/modem. Probably also
you can use this instead of the DNS settings as picking up the DNS
server will be done automatically (don't know if it's the router that
does this or the ISP, eclipse in this instance). This works for me.

Simon

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk