[LUG] Restricting logon times for normal users

Hi folks,

I've finally got round to setting up a PC for my fiancée's daughter.
The PC is a lowish spec PC so I decided to install Xubuntu on it.

Now I'm having a problem working out how to restrict login times to the
PC.  My fiancée doesn't want her daughter logging on after 7pm during
the week or after 9pm on a weekend.  I have done a bit of a search and
found /etc/security/time.conf which appears to allow restrictions on
when commands can be run.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work and I
can login as a normal user despite restricting the logon.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can restrict the logon?  I did think
of maybe having a cron job move about the /etc/passwd files but I'm not
so sure about that as if I need to log into the PC remotely I'm worrying
it might not work.

Rob