[LUG] DNS Settings

I have been having one or two problems with my broadband connection. It
has been suggested to me that I should manually assign the DNS settings
which has worked for others.

In kubuntu edgy I go into System Settings > Network Settings > Domain
Name System. In admin mode I change the settings for the domain name
servers to the two new ones as given by my ISP and remove the old one.
I then Apply the change.

This seems to work OK, but when I check on it later I find that it has
reverted to the original setting. There must be something I do not
understand (nothing unusual in that). How can I keep the new settings
in place?

Thanks
Neil Winchurst