Re: [LUG] Firefox plugins

Ben Goodger wrote:
> On 03/11/06, *Simon Avery* <dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Neil Winchurst wrote:
>
>     > Well, that happened and I tried to install it but when I clicked
>     on the
>     > icon (it looks like a piece of jigsaw puzzle) nothing happened.
>     There
>     > must be something I have missed. Can anyone help please?
>

> The plugins must be installed separately from whatever package
> management scheme you use, or you can put the .so files in
> ~/.mozilla/plugins.
>
>     Firefox defaults block plugin installation from all sites but
>     their own
>     - it should pop up a little bar at the top of the page (easily
>     missed)
>     which gives the option to allow that domain to install plugins.
>

> That's extensions.
>
> --
> Ben Goodger
> #391382
> ---------------------
>
> Mi admiras religiajn; ili estas fine ebliĝinta solvi la maljunegan
> demandon "kiel oni povas vivi sencerbe?".
> It is well-known that I am blunt and unsophisticated. It's largely
> your fault if you object to this.
the jigsaw puzzle icon is I think what you get when the flash player
isn't installed, not what you actually click to install it. It may even
be a macromedia provided icon and nothing to do with firefox directly.
If you can't find the download button on the page just go to the firefox
site and search for the flash installer.

Simon

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk